Optimizing Your Website for Accessibility
Google is becoming more and more focused on website accessibility. It’s so important, that Google now includes information on accessibility within its development guide for website owners.
If Google cares about accessibility, this means website owners and bloggers need to be too. Unfortunately, accessibility audits, clean up, and best practices can overwhelm the average marketer and website owner.
In this free training webinar, Rebecca is joined Carrie Dils, WordPress developer and consultant.
Rebecca will start the webinar by discussing how accessibility can and will influence your ability to rank in search. Then the two will explore common accessibility issues and explain what you can do to optimize your website for accessibility. They’ll break down these technical issues into everyday speak so you can learn what matters, what you should audit, and how you can fix issues.
The accessibility training event will cover:
- Why accessibility matters to SEO
- What’s typically included when one talks about accessibility
- What is considered “good” accessibility
- How to test your website’s existing accessibility to see what is lagging
- What can be done to fix accessibility issues
- Resources and links for additional information
At the end of the webinar, Rebecca will facilitate a Q&A session so you can obtain direct feedback from Carrie.