Rebecca Gill is an experienced online marketer and educator who specializes in organic SEO and offers personalized solutions for her clients. In 2009 she founded Web Savvy Marketing, a Michigan-based digital agency that delivers custom website design, WordPress development, and ongoing maintenance. Today she serves as the Vice President of Digital Marketing Services at emagine.
Her keen insights and ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds are reflected in a client base encompassing solo entrepreneurs and professionals, digital marketing and website design agencies, small to mid-market businesses, and enterprise corporations.
Rebecca approaches her SEO consulting as a collaborative partnership. She guides her clients on how to strategize, plan, and structure their online presence to raise their prominence in search results and create quality visitor experiences.
A trainer at heart, Rebecca believes her clients’ success includes being more knowledgeable about SEO in order to make informed business decisions. She also delivers both free and paid training for those interested in strengthening their SEO skills.
Rebecca Gill has a well-rounded business background and over twenty years of experience in sales and online marketing. Her love for WordPress website design and her strong belief in the user experience is equally matched by a fascination with search engine optimization, blogging, and social media marketing.
As an early adopter of blogging, her online marketing efforts have been highlighted by media outlets such as Wired Magazine, Ziff Davis, and IT Toolbox. Her writing has been featured in a variety of publications that range from technology outlets such as Backbone Magazine, Social Media Today, and Search Engine Roundtable to industry specific magazines such as Contract Manufacturing & Packaging, Food Manufacturing, and Progressive Distributor.
In more recent years, she has been featured or mentioned in a wide range of popular websites such as Search Engine Watch, Entrepreneurs on Fire, Search Engine Journal, Copyblogger, GoDaddy, mangools, Ahrefs, Zen Founder, WP Elevation, and HubSpot.
She has appeared on Detroit2020, spoken at Girls are IT, WordCamp Miami, WordCamp Chicago, WordCamp Grand Rapids, WordCamp Ann Arbor, Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup, and is a WordCamp organizer. She has been a guest speaker on a variety of WordPress podcast series and has also guest lectured and presented at the University of Toledo, Grand Valley State University, and Michigan State University.
Strengths and Skills
- P&L Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Management
- Website Design and Development
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Technical SEO
- Structured Data & Schema Markup
- Local Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Pay Per Click Management (PPC)
- Social Media Management
- Community Management
- Affiliate Marketing
- SEO Copywriting
- Content Marketing
- Blog Management
- Lead generation
- Email Marketing
- Webinar Marketing
- Course Creation & Marketing
- Product Positioning & Marketing
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Coaching & Consulting
- Large Account Management
- Service Sales
Vice President of Digital Marketing Services at emagine
August 2018 – Present
In this role, I lead a team of digital marketers and strategists who offer holistic marketing strategy and execution across multiple digital marketing channels. Our SEO and SEM services focus on the patient journey and following this path through various channels within owned, earned, and paid media. These services include organic search engine optimization, search engine marketing, PPC ads within Google and Bing, display ads, remarketing, and social media advertising through LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. Our team is highly focused on providing integrated marketing campaigns that focus on branding, lead generation, and conversion optimization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- P&L management of digital marketing services
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new digital marketing team members
- Train and coach the digital marketing team to provide best-in-class SEO and SEM services
- Manage and evaluate digital processes and techniques for efficiencies, quality improvements, and industry advancements
- Produce thought leadership articles, podcasts, and webinars to support inbound marketing and lead generation efforts
- Attend industry conferences to present digital marketing training workshops and talks
- Quote and pitch engagements including SEO, PPC, remarketing, and social media advertising
- Ensure that digital marketing projects and services are executed in alignment with scope, timing, and adherence to best practices
emagine is a full-service digital marketing agency that offers branding, website design and development, WordPress maintenance and support, social media advertising, and holistic PPC and SEO consulting. The company services B2B and B2C healthcare, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotech, and medical device manufacturers and organizations.
President & Founder of Web Savvy Marketing
July 2009 – Present
In this role, I launched and managed a digital marketing agency that focused on providing website design, WordPress development, and SEO consulting to SMB and enterprise clients. This was a hands-on leadership role that included all aspects of hiring, marketing, sales, project management, and direct consulting time with clients.
- SEO consulting
- Custom website design and development
- WordPress custom programming
- Website Maintenance and Support
- PSD to WordPress theme coding
- Onsite bootcamps for blogging, social media, and SEO
- Virtual SEO mastermind groups
- Online SEO courses
- Stock WordPress themes for the Genesis Framework
Web Savvy Marketing’s client base included a variety of industry sectors within B2B and B2C: academics, food and beverage, consulting, financial, franchises, healthcare, insurance, legal, manufacturing, services, sports and fitness, software and technology.
Vice President of Marketing at Technology Group International
July 2003 – July 2009
In this role, I was responsible for managing TGI’s traditional and digital marketing activities to align with the organization’s business goals. TGI is an enterprise software developer for small and mid-market manufacturing and distribution companies within the United States and Canada.
Responsibilities include public relations, event management, website development, organic SEO, content development, email marketing, and oversight of the inside sales department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness of the ERP software system
- Establish and manage the annual marketing budget
- Cultivate relationships with media, partners, and industry influencers
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Track competitors’ online activities and traditional marketing efforts
- Create and manage corporate website and blog
- Create, optimize, and manage organic SEO campaigns
- Manage all social media channels and communication
- Create and manage the company’s Software Selection Took Kit and supporting landing pages for inbound marketing and lead generation efforts
- Pitch industry publications and editorial staff to publish educational articles
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for c-level suite
- Organize trade show events
- Plan and execute annual software users conference
- Hire, train, and manage inside sales department and activity for outbound marketing efforts
Sales Manager at Delphi Corporation
May 2000 – July 2003
In this role, I was responsible for enterprise sales and large account management for automotive product sales to OEM customers such as General Motors and DaimlerChrysler. My product portfolio and sales activity included safety and interior system products such as airbags, seatbelts, instrument panels, and steering wheels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new business opportunities with current accounts and new accounts within the automotive tier 1 segment
- Build strong customer relationships and strategic partnerships to assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products
- Manage multi-million dollar big packages
- Manage engineering change order estimates and costing
- Negotiate new business contracts
- Manage cost reduction requests
- Work closely with cross-functional teams that included program management, product engineering, manufacturing, and finance
At the time of employment, Delphi was a leading global supplier and Fortune 500 company. The organization was a manufacturer of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle, and other market segments.
Senior Consultant at Technology Group International
October 1997 – May 2000
In this role, Rebecca provided pre-sales support and post-sales training to TGI’s ERP software customers. TGI is an ERP software developer for small and mid-market manufacturing and distribution companies. TGI’s exclusive focus is on the development, implementation, and support of the Enterprise 21 enterprise software.
Operations Manager at Lowry Computer Products
May 1994 – October 1997
While at Lowry, I was responsible for the management of data entry, customer service, purchasing, and inventory control activities at a nationwide barcode and data collection distributor. I was also the onsite trainer for the company’s ERP software solution.
Lowry Computer Products is a premier AIDC system integrator focused on barcode, RFID, bio-metric, enterprise mobility, and asset management solutions.
Central Michigan University
BA, Finance & Accounting
August 1989 – May 1994
- 2007 The CPA Technology Advisor 40 Under 40
- 2002 Delphi Corporation Divisional Sales Award
- 1997 Lowry Computer Products Presidents Club Award